Is there a log file in your iPhone for backups and/or syncs?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by inpulze, Aug 13, 2011.

1. inpulze macrumors newbie

Hello members,

I was just wondering if iOS kept a file logging when the device has been backed up and or synced. I have an iPhone 4 with jailbroken iOS 4.2.1 and also have iFile installed.

Recently I plugged in my iPhone to a friend's computer and of course the iPhone went immediately into "sync in progress" mode. Within the next 5 seconds I "slided to cancel" the sync, put in my password and returned to the homescreen. I wanna know if there s a possibility my phone was backed up to my friend's computer? iTunes did not show a progress bar at all. And when I looked at my iPhone s profile, it was not set to automatically to sync with iTunes. I don t remember seeing an "iTunes sync is complete" message either. He has a lot of music. None of it was synced to my iPhone either.

Since I don t have access to my friend s computer as we live in different states, is there a way I can look in my iPhone to see if a back up occurred at that date?

Thanks in advance!

2. shstiger2009 macrumors 6502

It wasn't backed up, you canceled it far too quickly.