Is there a Menu Bar application to show connections and bandwidth used?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by indie1982, Feb 8, 2012.

1. indie1982 macrumors newbie

Sometimes I have to use mobile broadband for long periods of time and the bandwidth is limited so I like to know what apps are using what data and where they're making connections to. I've searched but I can't find an app that will do what I want and was hoping someone here has a solution.

I know I can do most of this stuff through ps, traceroute and other means and I use iStat Menus to show current bandwidth being used but the info from them isn't that friendly or granular.

Ideally I'd like something that sits in the Menu Bar that shows the current throughput of an interface, then be able to click on it to see which application or process is using what bandwidth, then you could go even further and get it to tell you the host the app/process is connected to by either name or IP.

It would also be great if if would show you stuff that iStat does like max/min throughput, bandwidth used etc.

Any pointers would be appreciated! Or does anyone know of a place to pitch application ideas? I think this would be great but I lack the skills!

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

iStat does show you what you're after though? Have you got the paid version or free version?

3. indie1982 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, that could be it! I'll check it out, thanks!