Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hack5190

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
(UTC-05:00) Cuba
Is there a menubar manager for PowerPC? There are many Intel choices from free (Broomstick) to commercial (Bartender). Turning to the collective PowerPC guru's of this forum for a suggestion (or two) of something that will provide this ability on a Leopard based G5.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Unfortunately, no.

I've looked high and low myself but never found one.

I forget the name of one right now that I did find but it's only use was to hide ALL the icons in the menubar.

Hack5190

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
(UTC-05:00) Cuba
Unfortunately, no.

I've looked high and low myself but never found one.

I forget the name of one right now that I did find but it's only use was to hide ALL the icons in the menubar.

Thanks Eyoungren, every few months I search the web in hopes of finding such an application. Usually I find something (like Isolator), just not the focus of my search.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks Eyoungren, every few months I search the web in hopes of finding such an application. Usually I find something (like Isolator), just not the focus of my search.
No problem.

Most of those types of apps got started a few years after the Intel transition so the focus was never on PowerPC to begin with.

PS. You can call me Erik. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.