Is there a mixed family plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by friedduck, Oct 23, 2008.

1. friedduck macrumors newbie

I've tried searching here but the search terms are too common to find what I'm looking for.

It looks like there's two flavors of family plans on AT&Ts site, and the cost for adding an extra line on the iPhone flavor is obviously a LOT more than just the regular Family plan.

If I'm the only one in the family with an iPhone is it possible to reduce the cost for the extra lines?? Can someone give me an idea of what they're paying in a situation like that?

Paying ~30 more/month for an iPhone is something I can handle. Paying $100 more is too much for me to make the switch! (For 3 lines.)

Thanks much, Jeff

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

you only have to pay the $30 extra for each iPhone. Otherwise all family plans work the same.

3. friedduck thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Here is our monthly bill. We have one iPhone, 1400 minutes, unlimited texting on all phones, and unlimited data on my phone.

$80.00 Base
    $9.99 Second line
    $9.99 Third line
    $9.99 Fourth line
    $30.00 Data for iPhone
    $30.00 Unlimited texting

Wow, total is $169/month. I didn't realize it was that high. Granted, we get a service discount thanks to a FAN discount. This estimate doesn't include that.