Is there a new iTunes beta?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ct2k7, Sep 19, 2010.

1. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Hi,

Before I go continue- I have an ADC subscription, and have had one for quite a while.

I'm trying to install 4.2 B1 to my testing device (iPhone 4), however, iTunes is giving me error 10 when trying to install 4.2 to the testing device.

I am running iTunes 10.0.0.86 on Windows, and on the Mac - I've tried both - the same result. I'm not seeing an iTunes beta in ADC iOS dev site. So, what could I be doing wrong?

2. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Try installing the latest Xcode on OS X? Also are you sure you are loading the right firmware (the one for the iPhone 4) and following the right instructions?

3. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

XCode isn't loading it on either :/

I am using: iPhone3,1_4.2_8C5091e_Restore.ipsw which should be the right one.

iPhone 4 is 3,1 I think.

In iTunes, using shift + restore on Windows, command + restore on mac.

4. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

do you maybe also need the latest Mac OSX beta (the one that supports AirPrint)?

5. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

Already on that :) (That's why it's taken me quite a while to install the beta).

6. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

I got an error at the end of the installation but I learned from previous betas that you can just ignore the error, use RecBoot to get out of recovery mode and when the iPhone reboots you'll be running the new firmware. Don't know if that will help in this case. Try it. If not:

http://utopia365.blogspot.com/2010/09/update-iphone-to-ios-42-installation.html

7. techluvr macrumors regular

I had the same problem, used FWUmbrella to kick out of recovery and I was good to go.

8. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

Nope :(

Hmm interesting. Error 10? I'll try.

9. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

Well, this is wierd:

My iPhone is usually synced to my Windows machine.

Right, I restored in organizer, then it didn't accept my phone was there, in fact, the device became:

iOS Device 1,1

The iPhone was prompting me to connect it back to iTunes, but the Mac just did not see the iPhone.

So, I connected it to my Windows machine, and hey, it's working again, with 4.2 installed.

Damned thing. It nearly gave me a heart attack when it didn't respond to orgasmizer.