Is there a non-phone PDA that will sync with a MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PaperQueen, Jan 25, 2008.

1. PaperQueen macrumors 6502

PaperQueen

I’m at the end of my proverbial rope.

I need a PDA that will sync with my MBP (running 10.5) and allow me to edit info without the laptop.

My trusty ol’ Palm won’t do it anymore (for a while, I could sync the address book only, then turn around and sync the contacts only, but now it will only do contacts)...I’m not in the market for a new cell phone (and can’t read the teensy weensy numbers on the little keyboards anyway)...and need the ability to edit appointments on the fly (thus, the iPod won’t work since it’s view-only).

Is there a solution out there somewhere? Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks in advance, folks!

2. dlastmango macrumors 6502

I have never used it but there is a program callled "the missing Sync"... google it and i think there is a demo on the site... I have never used it but I have heard it works good.

Goodluck!
    chris

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The Missing Sync has software that allows you to sync your mac with Blackberrys, Palm OS, Symbian, Windows Mobile, and Sony PSP. I use it to sync my wife's Blackberry Pearl and it works great. Well worth the money.

4. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

5. PaperQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

PaperQueen

But there’s no way to add or edit content without the laptop, correct? I need to be able to “write” new text to the handheld without the laptop in tow.

I’ll try out Missing Sync; thanks for the suggestion!

6. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Well..you can add content to Calendar, Contacts, and if you have wi-fi and set up your laptop at home as a server, you can even write to your files.......all with an amazing touch keypad that, after getting used to, is very user friendly and doesn't need a stylus. While wi-fi connected, there are some amazing apps created daily to further enhance your mobile portability. How about Mail...it's amazing.

btw...you can also listen to music and watch vids.

Really though, adding content, syncing and creating a PDA type environment is what the iPod Touch/iPhone is all about. -GDF

7. Solesk macrumors member

with the sdk for the touch comming out i bet alot more pda type apps start to get released. i'm excited to see what people come up with.