Is There a NVidia Webdriver For Sierra Public Beta yet

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Stageshoot, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Stageshoot macrumors regular

Stageshoot

Sorry if being dumb

just wondering if there was a Nvidia webdriver yet that works with the MacOs Sierra Public Beta

Stuck on my GT120 at the moment till I get a webdriver for my 980

Cheers

2. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

The Public Beta is NOT 16A201w. I've only seen a web driver for the DP 1 in MVC's website.

If the PB1 is same as DP2, then he is looking for a web driver for 16A239j.

3. Stageshoot thread starter macrumors regular

Stageshoot

16A238M according to System info?

4. netkas macrumors 65816

you can modify Info.plist in NVDAStartupWeb.kext and change 16A201 to just 16A and it will work with every beta

on DP2 it has issues with safari and appstore apps.

5. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Sierra is not even ready for any serious GPU work let alone a third party driver.

6. Draeconis macrumors 6502a

Hopefully the next version they release at least has Maxwell support. Pascal would be a pleasant surprise.

7. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

No but it looks like Nvidia is getting close to including the device IDs even if they can't optimise for the architecture until they have Metal apps to test with. It's the same issue with Maxwell. If all you have is an old OpenGL API to test against then how can you test and optimise? That's why the web drivers have been stuck on an ancient 346 build for so long.

I'll keep Sierra betas and the web driver updated and let you know if or when Pascal IDs are included for GPU initialisation.

I think we can reasonably assume that Pascal is definitely not coming to any OS older than Sierra because those systems will be stuck on old versions of OpenGL and Metal that will soon become redundant.

8. SadChief macrumors regular

SadChief

I installed Sierra PB on a second SSD on my cMP.
    nVidia asked for a driver update. I let it do and now I have the nVidia Web driver working in macOS Sierra as it should.

Edit: version number is 367.05.10.05b07.

9. 12CoreMP macrumors member

12CoreMP

The driver has been updated for Sierra Beta 2 and it installs without having to deal with SIP.

10. koyoot macrumors 601

koyoot

If you have anything from Apple, do not install the web driver, unless you want constant crashes of graphics, restarts, and artefacts in any application that relies on GPU.

Tried 3 times on clean and updated version of Sierra. Everytime there is the same behaviour. MBP mid 2012 with GT650M.

11. 12CoreMP macrumors member

12CoreMP

I am using the web driver on my 680GTX and it is performing exactly as I would expect. Although I am on a cMP it my be different for MBP graphics.