Is there a paint like program that comes with mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by busterbluth, Oct 26, 2008.

1. busterbluth macrumors 6502

I just switched over from PC, and I took a screen shot from safari. How do I paste this picture in a program and paste it. I did the shift-cmd-3 function which should save it as a file. Where is the file located? I noticed that there is no paint like program, or am I missing something. help!

2. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

It should be saved on your desktop as Picture n.[jpg|png] :)

3. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

4. bengal85 macrumors regular

bengal85

no but you can buy the mac version of it is called photoshop no lie and its even better than paint

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This is not true. iPhoto is quite adept at editing raster graphics files. However, I strongly recommend GraphicConverter. It is not free, but it is well worth the price. If you are poor or just a cheapskate, then GC is fully functional even if you don't pay the shareware fee.

6. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

7. pol0001 macrumors 6502

pol0001

Grab

You can use Grab (You'll find it in the Utilities-Folder) to save screenshots as pictures.

8. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

No.

But there are many free ones available. Do a search. Try MacUpdate. Apple Downloads. Etc.

9. Let's Sekuhara! macrumors 6502

Let's Sekuhara!

10. DaveF macrumors 6502a

Macs have an annoying gap in software for sub-$100 pixel editors. To get going, try Seashore or GIMP. Seashore is basically Paint for the Mac.

For a reasonable price, there are now Pixelmator and Acorn. I have Pixelmator, though I've not used it in a few months. Last I tried, they were adequate graphics editors, though still substantially behind Windows software from 10 years ago. But they continue to improve, and might meet your needs.

11. busterbluth thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the replies. I felt like an idiot when I minimized all my windows and saw 18 pictures sitting on the desktop. Either way, it seams off there isn't a basic picture creator/editor program included. I guess for every thousand aspects of mac I like better than PC, there had to be a few I didnt like.