Is There A Performance Rating Like In Vista?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by davekarn, Aug 7, 2007.

1. davekarn macrumors 6502

Just curious if there is something similar to this in Tiger or if anyone has done the performance rating on their iMac while booting through Vista. I'm curious as to what kind of rating it would receive. Thanks for any info!

2. davekarn thread starter macrumors 6502

So I have a lot of views... yet no replies. Can anyone answer please? Thanks!:)

3. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Apple has no need for performance ratings because there are like only 3 models...

4. davekarn thread starter macrumors 6502

Good point... I'm dumb :(

Edit: But I was thinking in terms of Vista how the Macs stack up on their scale. For instance my Dell is a 3.1 and therefore sucks ass for the most part. Just curious what kind of rating an iMac would get using the same scale.

5. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Not dumb, just need to think different!

6. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

No, because it's silly. :p But you sure could install Vista and try it out if you really wanted to know.

Doesn't mean a whole lot. Whatever part gets the lowest rating determines that number, so for example if you have an awesome PC but the graphics card is basic (because you don't game or need it for anything else), the final rating will only be as high as the rating for the graphics card.

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I remember my iMac Core Duo 2.0 Ghz getting a ~4.5.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Mine got a 4.7. Were you doing anything else while you took the test? Shows you how unreliable it is anyway. :rolleyes: