is there a photoshop elements trial version ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dazed, Jan 2, 2008.

1. dazed macrumors 6502a

I cant seem to find one on the adobe site. I'm eventually going to get cs3 but wanted to see if maybe i could use elements instead for the next few months as a stop gap measure.

I dont like the idea of buying before i try it out.

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i think elements IS the trial in a way for photoshop. I also think there is a new version due out this month i think but i cant search for you because i think they are changing the name and i cant remember what it is lol

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

First PSE is not the trial to PS. Sorry dude but PSE is just a slimmed down version of PS that is still highly useful. However, it appears only PSE 6 for Windows is available. No sign of a trial to PSE 4.0 which is the Mac version. That's unfortunate really.

4. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I think they are keeping the name - http://www.macworld.com/article/60179/2007/09/elements.html

I can't see a trial for elements 4 for the mac on adobes website so I would say you can't. I would seriously wait for elements 5 for the mac because I'm assuming it will be universal binary and should have a load of features! (They've certainly have had enough time for loads of features!)

5. dazed thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for checking, its a shame they don't offer a trial since most of their other apps seem to have one.

Has there been a beta program for the next version going on and do people think we may see it at macworld ?

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i think they are afraid people won't buy it after trial. lol

I really think photo elements is not a capable app.

7. docprego macrumors 65816

Actually it is surprisingly powerful. Have you actually used it?

8. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i was also very surprised by the amount that was kept from the full version in elements, its mainly rearranging of features for non professionals. I meant by elements being kind of a trial to the real thing is that its like a stepping stone for people who may or may not need the whole app, the price is nothing in comparison to the full application.

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

no, I did not, I now felt my despise of the product is from its child-ish UI. Now please update my info a little bit

does it support layers?
    does it support filters?
    does it allow me to adjust levels?
    does it support pen tools in photoshop?
    does it support channels?
    can I edit animated gif (like my avatar) with it?
    can I check my editing history?
    Text on a path?