Is there a point in trying to save 03.10.01 Iphone 4 baseband?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fox777, Apr 29, 2011.

1. fox777 macrumors regular

fox777

Well it's been almost 1 year after introduction of Iphone 4 and there is only ONE out of FOUR basebands that is unlockable via ultrasn0w - 01.59.00

Long story short now all I have is 03.10.01 and have been saving it for the past few FW updates (via tinyumbrella etc). But I was wondering if I am just worrying for nothing if there will never be unlock for this baseband? I mean there is no unlock even for 02.10.04 either and it's older baseband than mine..

Reply below with your thoughts

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Unless you'd go bankrupt from loosing out on a potential 75$ uplift on resale value I'd drop 03.10.01. If you still had 01.59 I would have of course reponded differently...

3. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Your baseband is not an exclusive version :/ It is in the family of sad un-unlockable children. Your brothers and sisters are 02.10 and 04.10. The golden child is 01.59.

Haha sorry, it's late t__t but yeah, unless they are magically able to unlock only 03.10, I don't see retaining the bb as any real value.

4. Scott90 macrumors 6502

So the real question is, how big is the chance that a potential new unlock will only unlock 03.10 (and 02.10, which is what I am at)?

I'm kind of debating just updating to 4.3.2 (4.3.1 now) without baseband preservation and then hope a new unlock will unlock everything up until then. It's kind of a pain to update to a new version with baseband preservation, having to completely restore and resync everything...

5. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Forget the BB, it's pretty late in the game already...

6. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I think there's no point for preserving the BB. However; it's not that difficult to do it so why not? What if unlock comes out but you've already updated it?

7. Steve99 macrumors member

Preserve it in case you want to go back to 4.2.1 - the newest baseband isn't 100% compatible with older firmware. 4.2.1 is great as it doesn't have the "glitchiness" of 4.3.x

8. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I fail to see the need to preserve a baseband that can't be unlocked.

The team isn't going to waste their time working on 3.10 when they can just work on the most recent, or put serious effort into whatever comes with 5.0.

Then they'd just have everyone update to 5.0.

9. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

There's probably no point in preserving seeing as how if the team releases the unlock, it will most likely unlock the whole series of iPhone 4 basebands.

10. terraphantm macrumors 68040

There is the off chance that they'll find a crash in one of the older basebands that was inadvertently fixed in the newer basebands. But I agree in that it probably isn't worth preserving since there's an equal chance that one of the newer basebands will have a crash that wasn't available in an older one... and w/ the iPhone 4 you can only install whatever baseband is being signed at that moment, so preserving a baseband might actually screw one's unlock chances too.

Hopefully they can figure out the NCK Unlock stuff since that'd be just as good as an official unlock. If the key truly is 40-bits, it shouldn't be that hard to brute force. Everything has been kinda quiet lately though, so who knows what's going on behind the scenes. They might even be saving it for the iPhone 5 release