Is there a "preferred Macbook Pro" list?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tpcollins, Sep 17, 2012.

1. tpcollins, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

tpcollins macrumors member

I'm tired of my PC's and want to get a used Macbook Pro but I'm abit confused as to which to get. My basic needs are surfing the web, various forums, email, and uploading photos in both SD and Sony's Duo Pro format. A 13'3" is plenty large enough so that's where I'm looking. I think the i5 processer is fairly new and a used MC313LL/A seems to be my leader at the moment because of the n\media format. Can I do better for the same money or is there something just as good for less?

I had Vista on my 4 year old Inspiron and hated it, paid to switch it to XP and it's lost some of it's programs due to trips to the computor dr. My wife has a new Inspiron with Windows 7 and she cusses at it and won't even use it. I bought her an Ipad2 for Christmas and she loves it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Oofie macrumors regular

Like this? http://guides.macrumors.com/Which_Apple_notebook_should_I_buy?

EDIT: Just looked at it and its a bit outdated. It still shows HD3000 as the integrated graphics.

3. simsaladimbamba

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

As for your stated computational needs, any Mac from 2007 onwards will do the job, though the 13" MBP only gained an i5/i7 CPU last year, thus you might look for used early or late 2011 models or even look at the Refurbished Mac section in the Apple Online Store to find good deals.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

4. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Criminey! I was wondering how one does that! Thanks!!

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

7. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

If you don't have any gripes with the size/design of the Air it sounds ideal for your usage. If not get a 2011 MBP from the refurb store.