Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Talking Tim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
I have updated my iMac to OSX Lion and after the update I have a lot of problems with my wifi.
I think 15-20 times a day my connection gets lost.
Does anyone has an idea if this is a Lion bug, or how to fix this?

Thanks!

I8P'CS

Suspended
Jul 29, 2010
Have you download New few days old EFI firmware update? That sorted out my problem today on new iMac purchased today.

Hope this helps

Talking Tim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Nope, didn't know that there was an update.
I will try the update tomorrow.
Lets hope it will work!

Thanks!

JWay

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2011
After updating, I now have the problem, when I had little issues before. Sigh. Any ideas?

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Seems to be 10.7.3. I get around it temporarily by re-booting the router. it seems that the authentication in 10.7.3 does something funny and the routers don't like it.

CheesyTators

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
SE Michigan
I'm one of those not affected by this issue. Just purchased my iMac yesterday and did the 10.7.3 updates and no wifi issues at all. I'm using a Comcast Ubee modem with a junk Belkin router.

EDIT *** I spoke too soon...My wifi is not connected and will not reconnect upon waking. This started today for me which is only my second day with this iMac. I have to manually click on the wifi icon and select my network before it will connect.

Last edited:

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
I guess I am just lucky.

Bought my iMac 15 days ago, it came with 10.7.3 and up to this point I have had no wifi issues after waking up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.