Is there a problem with my MBP Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bc615, Mar 23, 2012.

1. bc615 macrumors newbie

I recently got a MBP 13 earlier this week from amazon, and the screen was kind of yellow and dark so I asked them to replace it. I just got my replacement today, and the screen still looks like the first one I got.

I don't know if the screen is supposed to look like this because it's my first mac... please help.

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you tried a different colour profile or calibrating the screen with the help of System Preferences > Displays > Color yet?
    To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

Ah, I see you already tried. Maybe try again?
    Or download one of the available colour profiles for your screen?

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:
    [​IMG]

3. bc615 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried the preset color profiles and none of them looks right.

I tried calibrating the screen but when I hit "done", the screen changes to a darker color?

---

How do I download and use color profiles? If that doesn't work then maybe i'll just get a refund and go back to using my PC...

4. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

5. bc615 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I tried that.

6. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Well without seeing your actual screen it really could come down to your opinion on how dark/yellow the screen is. I would say my MBP has a slight yellow/beige tinge to it (I think it's normal), and perceived brightness depends on the light around too.

7. lamboman macrumors 6502

It's normal. At full brightness the tinge is minimal, but under that, there is a slight tinge.

Unfortunately no display is perfect, especially one with a TN panel, even a more decent one like the MBP's.

I'd give it some time, let your eyes adjust. I'm pretty sure that there is a slight amount of break-in as well, no matter what people say. Mine definitely looked better after the first week or so than it did when I first opened the box.

8. simsaladimbamba

Maybe this can help: