is there a program to check running processes?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bbplayer5, Jan 6, 2009.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Im getting battery drain and I want to narrow down what is causing it.

2. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about but have u tried SBSettings? there is a icon in SBSettings that allows you to see processes of applications (not internal stuff like winterboard and sbsettings and stuff), and you can end them. using that method.

Also, make sure if you use winterboard you're not using too much skins. That will drain your battery faster than it should be.

3. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

You can try running Activity Monitor in your utilities folder. It will show all running processes on your system.

4. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

I think he meant on the iPhone since this is the iPhone hacks section. Although if it is on the computer, Activity Monitor is the way to go.

5. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Install SBsetting from cydia, and then install processes for SBsetting

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

Only problem with processes is that it doesn't show every process running. Only applications

7. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

8. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Thumbs up for admitting you install stolen software.:rolleyes:

9. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

thumbs up for getting all righteous in the "iphone hacks" section. :rolleyes:

10. honeytoast macrumors regular

11. No1451 macrumors 6502

You can dl 'top', should be able to get it on Cydia(I think), then SSH into your phone and run it.

12. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

There's a difference between hacking and stealing, at least to some people, but apparently not to you. L

13. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I dont steal always was able to get anything i want be it from my parents and now by myself.

But if you are going to get all righteous about something being done wrong then don't do it in a section of the forum where people are doing something that constitutes breaking an agreement. wrong is wrong, sure there are different levels of wrong like killing someone is not as bad as stealing and so on. But its a bit hypocritical to condone one wrong and condem another.

14. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Your reasoning is bizarre but whatever makes you feel better. Not to mention talking about stealing apps violates forum rules. Oh, wait a minute, I can't condemn violating forum rules in a forum about hacking. What a conundrum.

15. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Ok, let's nip this one right in the bud:

Software "piracy" is copyright infringement. It's not theft.

"Stealing an application" is an absurd concept: unless you physically take the disk(s) that the sole copy of a piece of software is stored on, you can't "steal" software. You *can* copy it without authorization to do so, but that's not theft.

On a related note: hacking a device isn't at all illegal. Copyright infringement (at least in the US), is. The two have little to no relation to one another.

Oh, and to answer the OP: SBSettings if you like overly-fancy graphical software, or 'top' or 'ps' if you just want info on what's running.