Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
I don't think it's universal, but point 2 is pretty fair. I do think, though, that there is a reverse of that wherein a lot of Mac owners, BECAUSE they spent so much on their products, automatically assume that their purchase is the Rolls Royce of the computer world. After all, you can't get into the Mac world for under $1000 new. And if you want something with any appreciable power you'll be spending twice that.

There's no denying that someone who's budgeting $800 for a laptop is going to convince themselves that $2500 for one is just stupid and unnecessary and no one needs that much computer etc etc. At the same time, the "cult of Apple" can be damn annoying.

Cardsnk

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
That they are stupid? It's not like I'm sitting here in a bright blue apple t-shirt with a gold chain bragging about my money lol.

It's like carrying one of these things is a big "hate on me" sign.

If they ever criticized you, they are just insecure or jealous. Let them be, ignore and continue what you love doing :)

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
That they are stupid? It's not like I'm sitting here in a bright blue apple t-shirt with a gold chain bragging about my money lol.

It's like carrying one of these things is a big "hate on me" sign.

When you get a little older you'll realise that things like this are insignificant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.