Is there a "Road SMS" like add-on for the Iphone SMS app?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Carlanga, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Is there a "Road SMS" like add-on for the Iphone SMS app?
    This is Road SMS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelgOuI_U7Q

I know there is Type n Walk in the appstore but the app is deficient since you have to open it then send it to the sms app which has the normal background.

Is there a way/app/addon to change the SMS app backdrop to instead use the phone's camera so we can have a native sms app with augmented reality texting?

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Gimmick. If your typing you hand are in front of the screen so it's not even like it's that big of a help, but no not that I know of in the JB world.

3. Carlanga thread starter macrumors 604

Carlanga

true...

ah yes I feel where you are coming from, especially if you hold it like in the video in landscape mode, or for example if you are walking down the street you would be looking at the concrete not forward due to the angle...

But, I wanted to use it for example when I'm in the car driving then someone sends a txt that is too long to read in the notification screen then I would open the SMS app in portrait mode where fingers are only on the bottom half of the screen and there is no fingers covering the lenses and see what they wrote quickly and a little bit less dangerously I guess. I usually grab the phone with my right hand unlock it and hold it in front next to the steering wheel and I see the msj and with something like this maybe help a little bit more focus on that 1sec I'm reading and driving, if it can alert me 1% better than before in that split second decision then I think it would be worthy. I don't txt while driving until I get to a red light or home, but I must know in that moment what the person texted me, same as when someone calls me...

I have been searching also to no avail, I though maybe someone here knew of one... What would also be cool is a voice recognition sms hack/app.

EDIT: I guess I wasn't the only one thinking it... Today in bigboss CallTell was released for both 3GS and Ip4! it tells you by voice who is calling, txt and even reads the txts!