Is there a screenshot iPhone app available?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dancingnancees, Dec 30, 2008.

1. dancingnancees macrumors newbie

Is there a screenshot app available on iPhone? If so, what is the name of it? I searched in the App Store and I couldn't find anything like that but really would find such a thing useful. Thank you for helpful replies in advance. :)

2. nospleen macrumors 68020

nospleen

Hold the home button down and tap the power button. It is a built in feature. The screenshot will save in your photo library.

3. dancingnancees thread starter macrumors newbie

wow, awesome. i wonder what other built-in functions there are that i don't know about?

anyway, thanks!!!!

4. aerospace macrumors 6502a

My home button tends to stick making this difficult. Is there an app that can do a screenshot? I thought there was...?

What ever happened to dock(starburst)? Can't seem to find it, is it not compatible with 2.2?

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

There is a version out for 2.2 but it's very unintuitive and laggy. Nothing like the original. I was a huge fan of the "starburst in the corner" version. I'm not sure which repository hosts it but I wouldn't bother. Some of the apps I had hidden with SBSettings didn't even show up.

6. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Nothing?

Or is everyone just not feeling helpful today? :eek:

7. Resist macrumors 68030

Then your iPhone needs to be repaired, which is covered under the warranty.

8. spazattack674 macrumors regular

:confused:
    Didn't he answer the question?

If your home button is sticky, you might want to consider bringing it into the Apple Store to have it looked at.

9. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Unless it is jailbroken. Simply restore before taking it to the Apple or AT&T store. AT&T will send it to Apple anyway so if there is an Apple store near you take it there. It should be about a 24-72 hour repair depending on how busy they are.

David

10. aerospace macrumors 6502a

It's a first gen, way past a year old.

Obviously fixing it would be the best option, but since it's not one I need an app that let's you do a screeny without using the home button. There used to be lots of em but it has to be 2.2 compatible.

Thanks

11. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

How long has it been out of warranty? Some geniuses are cool enough to swap it out if it hasn't been too long.

12. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

13. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That's why you're here, eh, plumbingandtech? :D

And aerospace... it could easily be LESS than a year old. June 29, 2007 wasn't the ONLY day they sold iPhones, you know... They sold them until May of last year, so his could have several months of warranty left.