Is there a shockwave speed up?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Corrosive vinyl, May 13, 2009.

1. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

I have an iBook G4 using 10.4.11 and the newest version of shockwave 11.5. My problem is that running a shockwave site eats up my CPU cycles and nearly overheats my iBook. First, what is the difference between hardwave and software rendering? Second, with the full install instead of the slim, what can I do differently in the full?

The most important thing is: how can I get shockwave to not eat up CPU cycles and memory?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Your only hope is to buy a faster Mac for improving Shockwave or Flash performance.

3. EmperorDarius macrumors 6502a

Shockwave and Flash don't work very well on PowerPC Macs, from my experience.

4. Corrosive vinyl thread starter macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

I noticed, I have been wrestleing with shockwave on my iBook for years. I am wondering if I can change settings or preferences - something to at least make it more manageable. like:

Shockwave player cannot run np-ppc-dir-shockwave
    Before installing: delete library/internet plug-ins/NP-PPC-Director-Shockwave AND library/application support/Shockwave (entire folder). Empty trash. Then run installer. Works every time.