Is there a similar thing for Mac?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by brad1985, Nov 6, 2008.

1. brad1985 macrumors newbie

Axure is one of my favorite programs for sketching websites and also for doing some complex operations. Is there a similar thing for Mac? Who else works with Axure? Can we trade tricks?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Never heard of Axure before. Mac has Visio, which is somewhat similar. I tend to use Inkscape, Gimp, and HTML/CSS/JavaScript for prototyping and designing. Mostly the latter actually, just recently started playing with Inkscape for trying out layouts.

3. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Visio is the most common platform used in the business world for such purposes, even if not the best out there. Great to hear Mac supports Visio, but beyond that you can do basic connectors, auto-shapes, simple org and topology graphics for business and network in Power Point as well.

I never heard of Axure either. A quick look at the Axure web site tells me it's a darned good product, the pro 5 version. It even supports version control with checkin-checkout which many organizations would appreciate. That's on top of the other cool stuff such as developer and diagramming tools to compete with DW, Illustrator and VisualStudio.

http://www.axure.com/compareFeatures.aspx

Thumbs up way cool on that one.

-jim

4. brad1985 thread starter macrumors newbie

you can check here http://www.axure.com/p101_1.aspx,
    I was using Axure for quite a while, I know that Mac has visio, I'm using PC actually, I found these two are quite similar, how do you think?

5. Maximillian macrumors 6502

6. sunday macrumors member

Adobe Fireworks seem like the the thing that you been looking for...