Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DAAAAAAAVE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I am trying to get my torrenting program to open at 2 am every morning (cause that is when i change from on peak to off peak cap quota). Any suggestions/help?

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Ical. Make a recurring event that has an alarm that launches the application.

Done.

DAAAAAAAVE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Sydney, Australia
ok so i have the reccurring event set up but how do i make the date of the alarm change with each avent? atm the event itself is going off into the future but each one has an alarm set for today

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
I'm not sure what you mean. There's no separate time setting for an alarm. The alarm will say something like "15 minutes before," meaning the alarm will be triggered 15 minutes before the event's start time.

DAAAAAAAVE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Sydney, Australia
what i mean is that i want my laptop to open my torrent program at 2 am every morning forever
is there a way to set that up without setting up each individual day?

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
what i mean is that i want my laptop to open my torrent program at 2 am every morning forever
is there a way to set that up without setting up each individual day?

1) You make a new event for 2:15 am.

2) You set it to have an alarm "15 minutes before" that launches bit torrent.

3) You set it to recur every day.

result: In week view you will see a horizontal row of repeated events that each start at 2:15 on every day of the week, and each one of these is set to launch its alarm 15 minutes before that particular event's start time. There is nothing else to do. The job is done.

DAAAAAAAVE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Sydney, Australia
thanks man
sorry for being a bit slow
got it just after i posted my last thing and just finished fixing as i read yours
you have just saved me half a month of shaped on peak internet
thanks a lot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.