Is there a software similar to MS OneNote for Mac? A "notebook" software? For classes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wineandcarbs, Oct 4, 2011.

1. wineandcarbs, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

I'm taking a course with several modules. I want a software that will allow me to organize the course. I liked MS OneNote for this when I was a PC user - is there a similar software for Mac? With OneNote, you can have a "notebook" for a topic/course/etc. with "tabs" or dividers and "pages" under each.

EverNote doesn't seem to be similar, at least from what I have seen.

I'd prefer something where I can organize each module into a different tab with pages or information for each under that tab so I can keep each module organized.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I noticed the Notebook template under MS Word. Is this the best option? I like that it's not cluttered.

2. daonesteven macrumors 6502

There's Notebook layout for Microsoft Word

There's also the free Growly Notes

I heard Circus Ponies is similar too but it's a paid app

3. captgecos macrumors newbie

captgecos

4. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks all! I will explore Circus Ponies and Growly Notes today. :) I really appreciate it.

5. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

After exploring both Growly Notes and Notebook, I've found GN to be the better of the two for my purposes. I like the interface and it's closest to OneNote and most intuitive for me.

TY all for the suggestions!

6. marc11 macrumors 68000

Give EverNote a try, it is free if you stay under the limitations, which for your use is easy to do. I've used OneNote and EverNote and for note organizing they are very similar.