is there a software that allows you to mix live video into your mac?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by VIP4JC, Sep 28, 2009.

1. VIP4JC macrumors newbie

I am new to mac. just did a full jump from the pc world to the mac world.

i have an imac and a macbook pro.

this is what i am trying to find out. i have some cameras that i connect to a video mixer.
    from the mixer (which can have 4 cameras connected to it) i have the preview connected to my monitor.
    also i go from the mixer to the Grass Valley ADVC110 Advanced Digital Video Converter.
    from there it will go into my mac. i import it using both final cut express and Imovie. been using Imovie since i am still learning final cut.

what i was wondering is if there is a software that i can bypass the mixer. that i can mix all of it on my mac.

thanks for the help.

2. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

Nothing out there that can duplicate a video switcher for live broadcasts. You can do multicam in FCP once you ingest the tapes....

3. TonyBVideo macrumors newbie

Easiest And Best Solution...

I would say to check out BoinxTV. Here's a link to it:

http://boinx.com/boinxtv/overview/

I bought it when it was sale with the MacHiest bundle. Actually very cool program and it works quite well. Lemme know if it works for you!

Tony Brittan
    Apple Certified Pro - FCP
    www.islandshoreproductions.com

4. AKcameradude macrumors newbie

5. danimal99 macrumors regular

Second BoinxTV, and I also got it during the last MacHeist. What an incredible steal that was - or I suppose you could say "heist." There are a couple of apps from it that I use constantly to make the $40 I paid well worth it, but BoinxTV might be the most impressive of them all. You can add multiple sources and switch to them live as needed. Their website should have a trial version.