Is there a Special Quicktime add-on

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by emperoruriel, Mar 2, 2008.

1. emperoruriel macrumors member

After being able to decrypt my dvds, I wanted to put them all on a hardrive and not worry my disks will get scratched. Looking around the mac, I found that I was not able to play the .vob format on the mac programs. I bought an add-on to the quicktime software but noticed it does not play muxed sound of which the movies I have contain. I know software like VCL plays the format, but I was wondering if there was an add-on like perian that can allow me to play the format on quicktime or another apple program. Perian does not support the format either.

I will be sincerely thankful to the person that might help me, if any. I do hope someone will answer the question.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I assume that your .vob files are contained in a VIDEO_TS folder. Both DVD Player and VLC will play them fine.

3. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Once they're on your drive, you could always use Handbrake to convert them to Quicktime/mp4 as well.

4. emperoruriel thread starter macrumors member

You say that DVD Player will play them? I absolutely did not know that!! :eek:

Thank you very much swiftaw.

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yes, just make sure you point DVD Player at the VIDEO_TS folder, not at the .vob files inside it.