Is there a stereo bluetooth headset that can pair, i.e. multipoint, with more than on

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Himrich, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Himrich, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012

Himrich macrumors newbie

Is there a STEREO bluetooth headset that can pair, i.e. multipoint, with more than one device at a time?

Are the MacBook and iPhone 4 capable of multipoint bluetooth technoloagy?

The goal is for my wife to be able to watch her Korean TV soap operas on her MacBook and still receive a call on her iPhone 4 via a stereo bluetooth headset.

I was looking at the Motorola S10-HD but after further review saw that it only pairs with one device at a time.

Appreciate any and all input. My Googling has returned no results.

Rick

2. ru4real macrumors member

Plantronics Voyager PRO HD

3. mcsenerd macrumors regular

4. Himrich, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012

Himrich thread starter macrumors newbie

I've seen many phone headsets but I am looking for something that is stereo (two ear pieces, preferably not corded but behind the neck) on the order of the Motorola SD10-HD, only they are not multipoint.

5. Landstander macrumors newbie

MW600 multiple pairings

The MW600 support site: "To select the phone as the voice connection, press and hold down the Call key and use the touch volume control to select a phone."

So just make sure that after you pair it with the macbook, pair it with the iPhone as the voice connection.

I use the MW600 to make calls from my iPad and listen to music on both iPad and iPhone, it works really well and is easy to switch between the two. The nicest aspect is the fact that you can use any headphones with it, although the earbuds that come with it aren't bad. I've also used it to easily and wirelessly connect my home stereo to the iPad and iPod.

6. dadyluv macrumors newbie

motorolla S10-HD

Folks, non Mac user, but I'm jumping in here because I too thought the Motorola S10-HD could not pair with multiple devices; I found out otherwise and it was pretty obvious.

Under the instructions for pairing to new devices, it mentions "...Press and hold the Power button" until the light turns solid blue. What I missed was the "and hold"; I simply held it until it powered on and attempted to connect; i wasn't waiting for the "light to turn solid blue".

By holding power on until it turned solid blue, i was able to pair with multiple devices (granted, non of them Mac); Droid Razr, Lenovo Tseries, Dell XPS series and car bluetooth...no issues.

...awesome awesome headphones.

Hope that helps.