Is there a TV guide app available or being written?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Astro8973, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Astro8973 macrumors regular

Astro8973

I would love to have an app that shows the days tv listings, but have had no luck finding one. do any of yall have an idea of one that is available or being written? links would be much appreciated :)

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

and where is my:

What's on my TiVo? and TiVo Scheduler apps?
    :D

3. BuzzLightyear macrumors newbie

Wow, their web presentation is impressive. You'd almost think you were using a native iPhone app!

What other cool app-like bookmarks do you have for the iPhone? :D

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

That's what I'm waiting for. :) In fact, I think I'll write them saying so.

5. drfp25 macrumors member

i would love to see this happen, as it stands it's not too hard to go to tivo's website, but being abel to bypass that step would be even better

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

There are quite a few ideas that are actually better as web apps than native ones. This is one of them.

No need to clutter up the store and have to deal with updates when this works just as well. Glad to see them take this approach.

7. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Don't hold your breath. We're still waiting for Tivo to make a full Tivo2Go app for the mac. I don't think they really understand or care about the viral marketing benefits of broadening their reach into other mediums. Besides the iphone, they have never provided a mobile version of their scheduling site. And even their normal scheduling site is pretty week. You basically have to blindly schedule shows instead of being able to give Tivo permission to upload your todo list and showing you exactly what the conflicts are before you add a show.

8. Geminix macrumors newbie

Do they have an iphone-optimized scheduling site? When I go to it, it looks like the same page/interface as the full-blown site. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something..

9. Geminix macrumors newbie

Also, I think Tivo has a scheduling app on Verizon phones, so they may have some exclusivity deal which would explain lack of presence on competitors..

10. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Oh yeah forgot about that. As much as I love my TiVo, the company is close to incompetent for most other facets of it. I think we may have to wait to see if the web scheduler has a public API for it?

11. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj