Is there a tweak for this??? Pretty sure there is...

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Well now that the JB has been released I'm wondering if there is a tweak like this....I'm pretty sure I remember reading about something that kind of works like the default Hotspot on the iPhone...I have an iPad 2 wifi model and when I use Hotspot with my 4s every time the screen goes into sleep mode or I walk away from the iPad with the phone in my pocket I have to manually reconnect when I get back to the iPad.

Is there a tweak where it'll automatically connect to each other every time, right away? Does "mywi" do this? Or is there a better app/tweak/mod that will give me what I'm looking for?

Thanks.

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
It's probably an issue with the tethering app you're using. I use Barnacle on my android phone, and while it will keep the connection alive even after the phone goes to sleep, I have issues if the iPad goes to sleep. Probably an issue with the app giving out i.p. addresses or something.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Use Bluetooth tethering. It stays connected when the iPhone and iPad are asleep.
Thanks I'll try out the Bluetooth tether option...but isn't there an app/tweak that does this thing automatically too? Like Mywi maybe? Or is it another one?

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
Thanks I'll try out the Bluetooth tether option...but isn't there an app/tweak that does this thing automatically too? Like Mywi maybe? Or is it another one?
MyWi does but I didn't bother with it because my carrier offers free tethering. And the bluetooth option is much more solid than the wifi tethering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.