Is there a tweak for this??? Pretty sure there is...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by fuzion11, Jan 21, 2012.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Well now that the JB has been released I'm wondering if there is a tweak like this....I'm pretty sure I remember reading about something that kind of works like the default Hotspot on the iPhone...I have an iPad 2 wifi model and when I use Hotspot with my 4s every time the screen goes into sleep mode or I walk away from the iPad with the phone in my pocket I have to manually reconnect when I get back to the iPad.

Is there a tweak where it'll automatically connect to each other every time, right away? Does "mywi" do this? Or is there a better app/tweak/mod that will give me what I'm looking for?

Thanks.

2. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

It's probably an issue with the tethering app you're using. I use Barnacle on my android phone, and while it will keep the connection alive even after the phone goes to sleep, I have issues if the iPad goes to sleep. Probably an issue with the app giving out i.p. addresses or something.

3. Zcott macrumors 68020

Use Bluetooth tethering. It stays connected when the iPhone and iPad are asleep.

4. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Thanks I'll try out the Bluetooth tether option...but isn't there an app/tweak that does this thing automatically too? Like Mywi maybe? Or is it another one?

5. Zcott macrumors 68020

MyWi does but I didn't bother with it because my carrier offers free tethering. And the bluetooth option is much more solid than the wifi tethering.

6. b0bab0i macrumors regular

7. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I purchased mywi and mywi on demand yeterday....almost $30...and on demand doesn't even work.

8. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

I use tether me. Works like a charm. $5