iPhone Is there a tweak that will not turn my screen on when I receive texts?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SuperSnake2012, Feb 8, 2013.

1. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

Maybe there's even a built in feature for this... I want my phone to vibrate when I get a text but for the screen to stay off. When I'm at home, I respond to all my iMessages on my Mac, and I feel like the screen constantly turning on is wasting my battery. Thanks!

2. robdam1001, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013

robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Tough one.....BiteSMS maybe? Not 100% sure.

AutoSilent in App store perhaps? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/autosilent/id474777148?mt=8

You can also set the SMS sounds to "NONE"

3. jurrel macrumors newbie

Settings, notifications, messages, turn off "view in lock screen"

4. SuperSnake2012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bump... any ideas? To clarify, I still would like my phone to vibrate when I get texts, as well as the notification on my lock screen. I just do not want the screen to turn on when I get a message. If I turn off the lock screen notification, my phone vibrates twice (once when I get it, once when I unlock phone) which is annoying.

I have BiteSMS currently, but I'm not sure if it has that feature. Willing to buy a Cydia app if I need to.

5. dinggus macrumors 65816

Wouldn't it be turn off "wake device"? Since he doesn't want his device to be woken up?

6. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I used to be able to do this back in the day. If my memory serves me correct, LockInfo used to have this feature. Not sure if LockInfo 5 has this any more though.

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Lockinfo for $3.99

It adds the abbility to disable wake up in the notification center settings