iPhone Is there a tweak to prevent data overage?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iamangeln, Feb 11, 2014.

1. iamangeln macrumors regular

iamangeln

I just got an iphone 5s with Sprint and for the time being I went with the 1GB data plan. I want to know if there is a tweak on cydia that prevents me from passing my data limit like it shuts data off once limit is reached. I want to know so I can Avoid overage charges.

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

3. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Verizon offers data alerts that the user can set to any level - I have set one at 75% and one at 90%. The system then sends you a text message, or an email, or both, when any of the alerts are reached. I use this to keep from going over my data limit.

Sprint are crazy if they don't offer something similar.

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

AT&T sends you automatic alerts when you hit various points. Can't remember exactly. It's been a while since I've used a lot of data. I think it was 60%, 80%, and 95%. Could be wrong though. Plus you can call a number. It doesn't even ring. A couple seconds later you get a text message breaking down your monthly data usage. Very very handy. I have it saved as a favorite.

5. iamangeln thread starter macrumors regular

iamangeln

Thank you both! Sprint gave me a number to text and it texts me my data usage!

6. Tmlfan3 macrumors regular

Would also recommend DataMonitor in cydia. I think it's free. Been using it for a while and it works great. Very simple interface and all the info you need

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Your iPhone also monitors data in the settings, but is not the best.

I guess you can also call sprint and see if they can block your internet usage after consumption of the 1GB?