Is there a version of "Network" in Mojave?

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by tranceking26, May 20, 2019.

1. tranceking26 macrumors regular

tranceking26

So I currently use Windows 7. I'm getting a Macbook Pro with Mojave installed soon.

I can't seem to find this out anywhere else, is there a version of "Network" and "Network and sharing centre" in Mojave? I like to use the Network page to manage photos from my Nintendo 3DS.

I hope I don't sound a total noob but it's been like 10 years since I used a Mac!

2. Honza1 macrumors 6502

No one replied. I suspect no one understands the question. At least I do not understand what are you asking for. I use Windows 7 (and 10) at work - but I have no idea how to manage photos using Network. Well, I do not have Nintendo 3DS at work either ;-)
    May be you can rephrase this so people will understand your problem.

3. HDFan macrumors 65816

Not knowing exactly what you want to do, iCloud photos allows you to share and manage photos among Apple devices. I think you are out of luck with a Nintendo 3DS though.

4. tarsins macrumors 6502a

tarsins

Network in the Locations tab in Finder's sidebar?

upload_2019-5-23_9-18-47.png

5. Tech198, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019

Tech198 macrumors G5

There is File & Pinter sharing on a Mac (System Preferences >> Sharing), Tick File and/or printer sharing depends what you need.. Windows just displays it differently.

Windows: Network Neighborhood, or map a drive in 'My Computer'
    Mac: Finder, or Control-K and use UNC path/(share) Mac users forward slashes,not backslashes like Windows does.

So, for eg.. on Mac (Go Menu >> Connect to Server or Control -K) and type: smb://sever/share or afp://server//share