Is there a warranty on an individual AirPod?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mewthree, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Mewthree macrumors newbie

I've been thinking about buying AirPods, but I have heard about people having various issues with theirs. After the one year warranty is up, is there a warranty on the individual AirPod you can buy or do you have to keep buying the individual AirPod if you have an issue with one?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If the one year warranty is expired, it’s the owners responsibility to purchase the replacement part. The AirPods are virtually unrepairable because of how small they are and the adhesive used, but one replacement AirPod retails for approximately $69.

3. Mewthree thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I understood that, but I just wondered if you also would get a warranty on the $69 individual airpod or if you would just have to keep paying for each replacement after the 1 year warranty on your original $159 purchase runs out.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Of course a warranty is attached, its a New Product and Apple is obligated to acknowledge that. But the other two original parts for the AirPod and charging battery case is still under its original manufacture warranty.