Is there a warrenty on Bumpers?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mastamuffin, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Mastamuffin macrumors member

Long story short the bottom of my Apple Bumper started seperating, which caused the bottom to rip. I took it to the Apple Store and they said it was not covered. Am i out of luck? Im not expecting much, but i was just curious. Thanks!

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Call apple and see if they will send you one, when did you purchase your phone.

3. Mastamuffin thread starter macrumors member

I actually got this Bumper from the free case program

4. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Sorry for being a grammar Nazi but "warrenty" is actually spelled warranty.

5. Mastamuffin thread starter macrumors member

6. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

If you want great service and a 1 year warranty....buy a Speck product. Just my 2 cents.

I'm partly surprised and partly not surprised that Apple told you it wasn't covered.

7. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

I had my bumper replaced through Apple… I got the bumper through the free case program.

So yes, they are. Not sure why the Apple Store told you that; there's even a code of some sorts to identify that kind of repair.

8. vish1987 macrumors newbie

my bumper is doing the same and ripping at the bottom

9. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

+1 Go with Speck! They are great!

10. cdrwinston macrumors regular

11. Mastamuffin thread starter macrumors member

Here's a picture i took of the problem. The pic was taken with my ip4 incase u were curious haha.
    [​IMG]

12. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

My bumper rubber had separated badly, I took it into the local Apple Store and asked the cashier if I could exchange it. He claimed that it only has a 14 day exchange policy associated with it. I looked at the bumper packaging which says for warranty information to go to http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

This site says that all Apple branded hardware has a 1 year warranty. I went back to the cashier and explained this to him, he checked with another cashier who confirmed it. They exchanged my bumper and kept the old one as well as the replacement's packaging.

13. gnychis macrumors 6502

seems like this is something a warranty should cover

14. deeesea macrumors 6502

Aren't you technically a "spelling" nazi then?

15. Golfer00ksu macrumors regular

Mine also split at the bottom like pic above. Going to apple store today. According to the warranty website it should be covered for 1 year.

16. REnergy macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for sharing this guys!
    Luckily I founded your post first, almost bought a bumper at Apple Store today in Munich.

Not sure about its durability since I've tried my friend's bumper :)

Now my curiosity is over, thanks Mastamuffin for such an obvious evidence!!

17. theiphone4 macrumors newbie

Is a receipt needed for exchange? I have the exact same problem as mastamuffin (i actually had no idea until I saw the picture). I got my case through the case program though, threw away all packaging and documents long ago. Just left with a split bumper at this point.

18. yankintx macrumors 6502

The word Nazi is capitalized....or is that capitolized? hehehe.:)

Glad we sometimes find humor in the little things.

19. JASApplications macrumors 65816

I doubt there is a warranty on something you got for free.

20. Barryg56 macrumors newbie

Wannanty on Bumpers

If you Paid for your Apple Bumper it should be covered. If not... Good Luck!

I was also told at an apple store that they would not replace my bumper, and that it is not covered by any warranty. However, I just got off the warranty site and found the following information under their accessory_warranty.pdf. Apparently it is covered for one year. However they have the discretion to. (1)Repair (2) Replace, with new or refurbished, and (3) Refund the original purchase price. So if you got yours for free you won't be entitled to much...

21. johnfkitchen macrumors regular

Thank you for this thread. I have the same issue exactly, no point in posting a photo, Mastamuffin already has a perfect example.

Anyway, I called Apple, and unlike most Apple calls, I had two bad ones. Two hangups (or disconnected calls), the first before I had explained the situation, the second when I pushed back politely after he told me that it was not covered.

Both wanted the serial number of the iPhone! what has that got to do with it?

Next stop will be a personal visit to the Apple store armed with documentation that proves Bumper = Appliance, Appliance has one year warranty, dated receipt, and this thread printed out proving Apple does replace bumpers.

Thanks again!

22. johnfkitchen macrumors regular

Very pleased customer now.

Went to the Apple store in Natick, Massachusetts, showed them my bumper, and with no hassle, I had a replacement in my hand in a couple of minutes.

No paperwork needed, didn't ask to see my receipt, seemed like it was the most normal of transactions.
    :) :) :) :) :):)

23. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Apple replaced mine when I went in, virtually no discussion even. 'sure get a new one, I'll keep the wrapping'

I'm starting to feel like Scottsdale Quarter may have the best CS of any apple store I've been too (they're all good).

24. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Wow this happens with just normal use ?

25. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

mine has the same problem. no time to drive 2.5hrs now, might go later on to give it a shot.