Is there a way around Static IP Address for Netshare

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by navigates, Aug 14, 2008.

1. navigates macrumors 6502a

Everytime I have to start Netshare, I have to manually assign a static IP address to the TCP/IP. Is there a way around this so I could use static IP when connected to the iphone and non static/dhcp when connected to different networks (office/home)

very curious

2. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

No way around the nature of the beast. Now if only Firefox 3 would work.

3. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

I believe there is a simpler way, now if only that works. Setup a dhcp server on your pc always running so if the client requests it then the pc will assign the IP. Now I can't get that theory to work !:mad:

4. jeffmc macrumors 6502

it works, it seems like a little bit of a hassle i don't see the benefit of it

5. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alternatively you could just leave it to dhcp and wait for the 169.x.x.x internal routed IP and then change the proxifier everytime. I feel thats easier but i've seen some laptops disconnect and keep looking for dhcp every once a while which is quiet annoying.

There has to be an easier way? btw. I couldn't get VPN to start using this connection. Everything else works. Tested with:

Audio Streaming: mms:// protocol
    Slingbox 1200 kbps constant
    Internet Explorer
    Firefox
    Opera

6. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to get proxifier to work with cisco vpn. Everything works except vpn.

7. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

If your jailbroken, why are you still using that crummy app? www.iPhonemodem.de 10 second secure connection everytime after initial setup.