Is there a way for full web access?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by charpi, Oct 8, 2010.

1. charpi macrumors regular

Ok, please hear me out first.

I know there are things like iMobileCinema and frash and so on. Until now they are sufficient for me. However, right now I'm taking some course which require the study of websites and their design so I would need full access to the websites, with iMobileCinema or frash I would get the "Cannot play" symbol if the specific flash video or flash code could not be run. So I would need some help here.

I'm quite sure that there are no on-board plugins for safari which allows full web access. So basically that's fine by me, are there ways to download videos or files embedded inside the website for viewing, even if I can't view them on safari?

For example, I'm not asking for every video not encoded for safari to work, I would expect some to not be able to load. But here safari doesn't allow me to click on it to download, I have the download plugin (normally it only allows downloading of what I can already view on safari). What I'm asking for is that is there a way to download things which safari or frash or iMobileCinema can't load, and it embedded into the website (meaning no hyperlink for me to click then download). Is there an app to detect files embedded to the website and allows me to download it?

Thanks a bunch!

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Are you asking if there is a way to get the iPhone to display pages which use flash for layout, etc.?

3. charpi thread starter macrumors regular

Basically lets say I have a website with my own embedded player which only can play file formats of type which matches my player. For example, file.abc

Obviously the iPhone would not be able to load file.abc since it is an unrecognized format. But would there be a way for access to it, like downloading it, if I have native player for my iPhone for playing .abc files, I could play it after downloading it.

Basically I have not chosen this course yet, since we had to make our own websites and it has to be both mobile and desktop optimized. I was thinking of this solution. That's why I'm asking about this. If it is not possible, then I guess I wouldn't choose this course.

Thanks in advance.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Urm, not sure if this is what you're asking for but you can download User Agent Faker in Cydia. This hack allows you to view webpages as if you were using a laptop browser like Firefox, IE, etc. instead of viewing the mobile version of the page. You'd basically see the page as you would on your laptop, in full glory.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

you mean codecs and other video formats?

you could download the file and open it in VLC (jb version) until the official one comes out.

6. charpi thread starter macrumors regular

Actually, yes, this is exactly what I want to know. Right now, some websites I go to which has codecs which the iPhone doesn't recognize doesn't even show up on the screen, so I can't even tap on it to download or such. Either that, or the iPhone gives the "unable to play" symbol, which I can't tap on either. So basically I'm looking for a way to, download from a site, regardless of whether it is loadable or not. Like if I employ a unique player embedded in the website, it wouldn't show up on the iPhone screen, much like how flash adverts don't show up. What I want is for them to show up, and even if I am unable to play it, I would be able to download and and run it on a native app.

My apologies if what I'm asking for is too troublesome. I really appreciate the help.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Perhaps if you could give us an example of such a site we could examine it and figure out if what you want is possible. I'm just really not sure I understand what you want at all.

8. charpi thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, it's ok now. I figured that this would be too troublesome for me even if this is possible.

Thanks guys. I think I'll leave it :)