Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I bought an ipod that was new in box from someone who lost the receipt and couldnt take it back and it came with a $50 itunes code. I would like to sell this code but would like to verify it actually has $50 on it before selling it, is there a way I can do this?

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Perhaps an inane question but has the back been scratched off? If not then it's almost impossible that the card has been redeemed. If it has been you might be able to call Apple, explain your situation and it's a (slim) possibility that they would be able to tell you. Since cards don't hold balances (it has either been redeemed or not) there is no automated number to call and check.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
No it wasnt scratched but I was making sure the card had really been activated

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
No it wasnt scratched but I was making sure the card had really been activated

Ah, I see. Then your only option from what I would assume would be to sell to someone who trusts you. Scratch off the back and call Apple to possibly be able to verify for you. I'm sure that's not what you had anticipated doing but I don't think you have any other choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.