Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I am considering whether to buy from Apple Online Store or from retailer. Is there a way of telling whether the iPhone comes with 3.1 or 3.0.1 without opening the box? Is there something like a manufactured date printed on the box?

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
If you want to unlock, keep looking for info. If you want to jailbreak ONLY, just get a phone. The 3.1 JBs will be out very soon.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
If you want to unlock, keep looking for info. If you want to jailbreak ONLY, just get a phone. The 3.1 JBs will be out very soon.

I am concerned about various problems reported by users using 3.1

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I am concerned about various problems reported by users using 3.1

then dont buy an iphone. there will ABSOLUTELY NO MATTER WHAT ALWAYS be problems that people report. you need to understand that the people with the problems are MUCH MUCH more vocal than those without the problems. thats because the people without the problems have no reason to post topics about how they aren't having problems.

i have experienced none of the problems people talk about on here in 3.1. neither has anyone i know with 3.1 personally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.