Is there a way... (save 10 GB iTunes library)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TSE, Sep 20, 2008.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Ok here is the dillema. I am selling a MBP to my bro for some extra cash an I am expecting to buy a used iMac next month.

I have about a 10 GB iTunes library, and need to move it with keeping the names, album names, etc.

I am going to be without a computer for a month, what ways can I keep the music as a backup, etc. so when I get my new computer I can just give my iTunes library the music and I am good? I have a .Mac account if that makes a difference.

2. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

you can keep your music library from the MBP onto MeDisk and then copy it to your iMac when you get it

3. Moriarty macrumors 6502

You need somewhere that can fit all your music. Uploading 10GB through the internet :eek: would be possible, but take a long time.

Here's how you move your library:

1) Find your "iTunes" folder inside your "Music" folder.
    2) Copy and paste it over to wherever you are going to store it.
    3) Once you get your new computer, copy and paste your iTunes library back to where it belongs in your username's Music folder.
    4) If iTunes is open, quit it. Reopen it again while holding down the "Option" key.
    5) Select "Choose library", navigate to the copied library on your new computer, and select the "iTunes" folder.
    6) Voila! Everything should be exactly as it was when you left it on your old computer.

4. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

5. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030