Is there a way stream Pandora over dock?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by reminis, May 15, 2011.

1. reminis macrumors member

wondering is there is any tweaks or any way at all listen to Pandora through dock connector? I connect my phone to my car stereo via usb and I can play songs fine but wondering if anyway do it with Pandora?

Also I have Navigon, anyway use pandora also and have its voice help enabled/work while listening to Pandora? Thanks!

I have a 3gs Jailbroken

2. jbro1999 macrumors regular

When you open the pandora app it should stop playing the iPod and start playing Pandora. At least it does for me.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

hmm i do this everyday with my car stereo, i even have skip controls on my stereo through pandora when its in ipod mode :)

what firmware are you on? granted it might be because you have a 3gs, but i dont know if thats it. your stereo should play it under usb mode. good luck

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Yep works for ne via car, home stereo and alarm clock no hack needed. However pandoranoskip hack is awesome.

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

You have to put your car stereo in a "bypass mode" so you make all the controls on your ipod rather then your stereo.

That is what I had to do

6. sbddude macrumors 6502a

it depends on how your car controls it. If it just does pause/previous track/next track then pandora will work. If it loads the playlists and everything, then it will only control the actual ipod music.

If it's the 2nd one you have to use the headphone jack. That's what I do in my wife's car.

You can set Navigon to either speak over the music or pause the music during voice prompts. It works fine with pandora.