Is there a way to back up my iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cis4life, Jul 21, 2008.

1. cis4life macrumors regular

I have a iphone 3g and I have all my music and applications (free and paid) on it.

Well today, my computer HD died and I had to purchase another drive and now I have my PC back up and running. BUT, if I sync it to the new PC, it will want to delete everything off my iphone and I need to back up my music and at least my paid games?

Is there any software to back up the iphone 3g music and apps?

Thanks,
    Cedric

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Apps can be re-downloaded for free. Music, I don't know.

TEG

3. cis4life thread starter macrumors regular

how do you redownload apps, i don't see how in itunes. (like Tetris, I paid for that one. How would I re-download it)?

Thanks,
    Cedric

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

For clarification, did you lose everything on your computer hard drive? (EDIT: as in, with no backup?)

If so, you're SOL as far a music, as iTunes only allows you to download it once.

And yes, you can redownload apps. I think if you attempt to purchase again, iTunes checks that you have already bought it and begins the download again.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

This works for iPods, so in THEORY it may work for the iPhone, but don't quote me on that:

http://www.ipodripx.com/

6. Kyeris macrumors 6502

The same thing happened to me a while back, ended up purchasing copytrans and it worked fine for my iPod Touch. (windows only)

http://www.copytrans.net/

7. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

This isn't completely true. You can transfer music purchased in iTunes, as well as the apps back to a new iTunes library. But you may only transfer the songs 5 times I think it is. I've done this once, and it let me know how many computers I have allowed to play them at that time (2). As far as other music and videos, I used Senuti, and it also works with the iPhone. Copytrans looks to be a similar enough Windows equivalent, as mentioned above.