Is there a way to block the just phone function (calls/sms) temporarily?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twoism, Dec 17, 2010.

1. twoism macrumors member

I know there's a flight mode option, but this turns off EVERYTHING, and I want to be selective in just being able to block my calls/sms temporarily but still have access to wifi, bluetooth, location services. I don't see that option anywhere so maybe some of you know of a cydia app or something that will do that?

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

When you're in Airplane Mode, you can turn on BT and WiFi. Location services seems to work too, but I'm guessing that's wifi triangulation.

3. jshelton macrumors 6502a

4. twoism thread starter macrumors member

Ah, thanks. I didn't know all I had to do was just go back and turn those back on, it seems a bit counter intuitive if I just want the phone to be off though, and location services seem to suffer as a result. I think I'd prefer if the phone remains on in that case, but just stop incoming calls? I suppose that isn't really possible, so I've just turned on call forwarding which sort of does the trick for now.

5. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Mostly I'd suggest the Airplane Mode trick as well.

But if you don't like that you could forward your calls to another phone and not answer that one. It's in the Phone settings. (This may depend on your carrier, but I think most allow this.)

I guess that doesn't solve your SMS problem, though.