is there a way to change bootcamp partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bigjnyc, Jun 2, 2008.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

so i installed windows XP on a 32gb partition but i havent really used windows for anything, being that i was a convert i thought i would need to go back and forth for a while, but it appears that my transition has been smooth and i love OSX so much that i dont really forsee a need to ever use windows ( i dont do any pc gaming at all)

anyway that being said i dont want to delete it completely just in case one day but i was wondering if there was a way to reduce the partition size without going through the process and doing it all over again. i want to reduce the 32gb down to like 16gb or maybe 20gb.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

The last time I did that was a long time ago but I used a program called Winclone to create a clone of the partition, then adjust the size and reclone XP back. Saved a lot of time.

4. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

thanks winclone is perfect. and i'll have a backup to keep as well :D

5. PhillStew macrumors member

Hey guys,
    Could someone post instructions on how to change my boot camp partition size to a smaller amount? I feel like I allocated too much space for my Windows 7 install, and seeing as how I can only get one code to activate it.

6. John89 macrumors regular

You can use winclone too. You have to create a copy of your bootcamp partion with winclone, delete your bootcamp partion with the bootcamp software on your mac, create a smaller one with the same software, and the rewrite your windows image to the bootcamp partion with winclone.

John