Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikhailov

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2010
Ok this is crazy. I needed a fart app for a day to pull a prank on someone using a Bluetooth speaker. I did what needed to be done and deleted the app. Now every time I go to check my purchased history or updates on my iPad, the word "fart" always shows up in the search bar. Doesn't matter if I type something else, and doesn't matter if I delete the word. Every time I go back to either "update" or "purchased," there's the word in the search bar...constantly mocking my 30 minutes of immaturity. It's maddening. Why won't the word go Away? There has to be a way to fix this. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411146801.347890.jpg

Mikhailov

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2010
Just FYI everyone, I finally got sick of it. I didn't restore my iPad, but I did "Erase All Settings" under Settings > General > Reset. It didn't delete any apps or media, and it solved my fart problem.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Just FYI everyone, I finally got sick of it. I didn't restore my iPad, but I did "Erase All Settings" under Settings > General > Reset. It didn't delete any apps or media, and it solved my fart problem.

Thanks for the update. Apple is closing the trouble-ticket and sending their engineers home now.

Mikhailov

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2010
Thanks for the update. Apple is closing the trouble-ticket and sending their engineers home now.

Oh good. I was worried that having the word "fart" lingering (lol lingering) in my App Store search had caused some Apple engineers lack of sleep and possibly marital troubles.

Do I at least win for "funniest iPad problems?"

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Oh good. I was worried that having the word "fart" lingering (lol lingering) in my App Store search had caused some Apple engineers lack of sleep and possibly marital troubles.

Do I at least win for "funniest iPad problems?"

Ha ha. I wouldn't want it displaying either. Glad you got a fix.

Zzznorch

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
I stumbled across this thread as I am seeing the exact same problem with the word "mercury". I was searching the Mercury browser back in September and that search term remains. I have not done a general reset as I hate to lose my settings but at least the word is not as mocking as the one the OP posted!

Squallboy

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2015
Same happened for me, it is very annoying to always see "elf" in the search box. However in what universe is "reset all settings" an acceptable solution for 1 bug in 1 app? And Mac users people complain about Microsoft/Windows being bad? Seriously? And this is acceptable?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.