Is there a way to de-authorize my itunes account

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Surfing@Blacks, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Surfing@Blacks macrumors regular

I have reformatted computers and forgot to deauthorize them before i did it.

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

in itunes: store menu --> deauthorize computer

done. :)

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Yes, login to your account in iTunes, and you have the option to de-authorize all authorized computers. Then, just re-authorize the computers your still using.

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Only way to do it now is to authorize more until you have 5 authorized, then use the De-authorize all option.

5. Surfing@Blacks thread starter macrumors regular

I am asking if their is a way i can deauthorize all computers at once. I have computers back home ( i am away from school) and would like to deauthorize all computers on my account

edit... thanks swift

6. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

Keep in mind you can only de-authorize all once a year... So once you do that, you are stuck for one year on using de-auth all again.

7. Nightline macrumors regular

Nightline

Yes and no. I believe apple will allow you to de-authorize all machines on your account once or twice a year. I just looked around Itunes, and for the life of me, I cant find it.

Just checked the Apple Support Website.

How do I deauthorize all of my computers?

If you have authorized five computers, a button labeled "Deauthorize All" will appear in your Account Information screen. This button will deauthorize all computers associated with your account. You can then reauthorize up to 5 computers. Note: You can only use this feature once a year.

Edit.. wow, all those posts arrived as I was typing mine!!!

8. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

If you have less than 5 computers authorized, it wont let you de-auth all unless you email apple itunes support. They will de-auth all if you email them and confirm your account. Again, you can only do this once a year.

After they receive your request, they will de-auth your computers in about a day

9. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

10. rkarkar macrumors newbie

mine seems to be messed up. So i uploaded music from my old computer and when i tried to activate a song i had bought from iTunes previously, it told me that I had already authorized 5 computers with the current account. But when I clicked on Account on the iTunes store page to try and deauthorize all of them, it didnt show the deauthorize all button and it said that "2 machines are authorized to play music purchased with this account." Not sure what that means exactly.

Attached Files: