Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Is there a way to decrease the power of the haptic feedback when it vibrates when receiving a phone call?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
hmmm... I don't think there's any way to adjust the level of vibration produced by the haptic engine, but the audible affect will depend on the "buzzy-ness" of surface where you leave your iPhone...
Hard surface, more audible vibration; compared to a softer surface, typically will have less response to the vibration.
Or, you can turn vibration off.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
hmmm... I don't think there's any way to adjust the level of vibration produced by the haptic engine, but the audible affect will depend on the "buzzy-ness" of surface where you leave your iPhone...
Hard surface, more audible vibration; compared to a softer surface, typically will have less response to the vibration.
Or, you can turn vibration off.
Yeah that’s the issue I’m having. When I have it on my work desk the vibration when someone calls me is very strong to the point that the iPhone starts moving on the surface. I don’t mind the strength of the vibration in any other daily scenario

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I have little pads that I have made of the textured vinyl shelfpaper, cut to the size (or a bit larger) of my iPhone. I just lay the phone on that pad, and I hear it vibrate, but just whatever noise it makes without the amplification of the main surface, and the phone doesn't move on that pad. The vinyl shelf-liner is something I use for a lot of different tasks, mainly to control movement on "slide-y" surfaces. I've got a (now old) 2TB external spinner HD with an aluminum enclosure. The pad cuts down the constant hum-m-m from that hard drive--just one example.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.