Is there a way to do this in Final Cut Express?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by shikakun375, Jan 29, 2010.

1. shikakun375 macrumors newbie

Hello. I am new to final cut express and I was wondering if there was a way to be able to save a picture of a keyframe so I can open in it gimp. The masking for FCE is very strange. I have the plug in to mask with more than 8 points and I think it would be easier to just mask in gimp. I used to screengrab the pictures of what I wanted and then I would put them in the program to make them move but this is very time consuming. Is there a way to save the picture without having to screen grab it?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. neonkru macrumors regular

select the grame. then go to the menu and make still frame=P something like that. i don't really remember because im not in the mac right now but i learned from the video tutorial in izzyvideo.com

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That's why it is described in the manual, upon further look it is on page 1049/1050., as linked to on page 1021.

A manual is a good way to start learning a program. It took me less than one week to learn that way about Motion and DVD Studio Pro, not everything of course but the rudimentary basics I can build upon during future encounters with that software.

5. shikakun375 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help! This will be alot easier to do now. :)

6. Lowell46 macrumors newbie

Play music in browser of Final Cut Express???

I am in the process of changing over from PC to the MAC. I used Pinnacle Studio on the PC and was able to mouse over a music clip to preview it in the browser before I added it to the sequence. Is there a way to do that in FCE? Or do I always need to drag it to the viewer first? This would be most helpful when tracks are identified by generic terms like Track 01 or Track 02, etc.

7. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

It's better to start your own thread instead of posting it in some one else his thread.

You can just double click to open it in the viewer. Then hit space or l to play it.

(ps I believe there might be a way to play it in the browser, use the largest icons and then press the proper buttons to play the stuff in the browser, look the buttons up in the manual)

8. Lowell46 macrumors newbie

Sorry!

I am sorry to have jumped into the wrong thread. I apologize. This was my first time here and was somewhat (no, a lot) ignorant. I won't do that again. I do, however appreciate the response. Sorry again and thanks. :http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/redface.gif

9. Denarius macrumors 6502a

Denarius

I know I've done it, you're the not the first and won't be the last. Welcome by the way!