Is there a way to do this on iPad pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chfilm, Jan 7, 2016.

1. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

hi,

I got my ipp and am already loving it, though pretty quickly one question arouse:

It would be so Amazing to be able to watch a pdf on the left side of the screen, mark and copy an element and paste it to a blank canvas on the right side of the screen, preferably another app like Evernote, but obviously this is right now impossible due to api limitations.
    But is there a single app, that can do this? Open up a pdf and copy elements out of it into a new empty note space?

This would be one killer app for sure. Anybody remembers that old Microsoft concept video for that two screen tablet that never saw the light of day?

2. JonSarge3108 macrumors regular

JonSarge3108

I didn't think Copy and Paste was 'sandboxed' by App ?

3. ssong macrumors 6502a

ssong

maybe give liquid text a try.. I think that kinda fits what you're describing?

edit-

just wanted to add that I'm personally loving the app =D

4. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

"What are your concerns for this visit?"

That was copied and pasted from a PDF in the Documents app side-by-side with Safari. Seems like it works okay.

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I do this all the time. Not sure why it's not working for you. What PDF app are you trying to use?

6. friedmud macrumors 65816

You're describing LiquidText. It even has Apple Pencil support (it uses the tilt of the Pencil to switch between functionality).

7. ssong macrumors 6502a

ssong

What functionality do you speak of? I'm still waiting for my iPP.. But I'm absolutely loving LiquidText on my iPad Air 2.. a total revelation for me haha

8. friedmud macrumors 65816

Just the ability to clip out parts of a PDF and organize them as "Notes" for the PDF.

9. chfilm thread starter macrumors 65816

chfilm

Ah sweet, liquid text does what I want, though it looks kinda microsoft-ish in my opinion..
    Still, thanks!

Let's hope apple will think of a way to enable a system wide copy paste functionality for the pencil in iOS 10 maybe. It would be so awesome to be able to draw a circle around something in safari and clip it directly over to Evernote on the right side of the screen, or at least the apple notes app.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 8, 2016 ---
    Right, I tried out liquid text. It basically does what I want. But with many limitations. Why can't I write with my pen on the canvas to the right? Why are there no free form selection methods available, but only square boxes. Yes it does kinda what I want, but then again not really in the form of a paper 53 style how you would imagine it to be.
    This would be An absolut KILLER app!