Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
UK
Hey all, I have had my macbook pro for about 4 months, getting used to it and loving it. and now I have treated the family home to a lovely new iMac.

The only thing is I am big on music and download quite a lot of it from iTunes store, and I want this music to be on both computers.

I think this can be done by me syncing the music on the iPhone and then plugging it into the other mac and copying purchased items. But is there a way for them to wirelessly do this?

IS there a superb feature that I am missing?

I would also like to do this for iPhoto etc as well, if it can do this, it will be super cool!!

Thanks for any help in advance.

NannyJordyn

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
Manitoba, Canada
You should be able to turn on Home Sharing, and you'll be able to sync with up to five different computers.

I couldn't remember how to turn it on myself, so I searched it on iTunes and got this...

To import items from other libraries using Home Sharing:
Choose Advanced > Turn On Home Sharing.

Type your Apple ID and password, and click Create Home Share.

Using the same Apple ID, repeat steps 1 and 2 on each computer.

To import items from another computer, select the computer (below Shared), and drag items from its library to yours.

To automatically import future iTunes Store items you download on the other Home Share computers, select “Automatically import new purchases from [Computer Name].”

Hope this helps.

As for iPhoto, not sure on that one.

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
UK
Thanks for this reply!! I saw this sort of thing pop up but I was so excited about playing with the new iMac that I sort of ignored it!!

Yet another superb feature that makes me fall in love with the mac, if only the screen did not have that yellow cast on the bottom of it :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.