Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 15, 2005
So, I simply cannot get the JAVA to work right on my intelmac version of Safari. Issue is, some web sites, trading sites, the information just does not display.

Is the 1.5 upgrade going to help?

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 15, 2005
well, not sure

Well, not sure if it is java or javascript.

for example, I use ameritrade for trading. The streamer software which loads java on the pc, the windows that pop up don't show ANY information. So, the real time data screens are white blank. Doesn't really help

I haven't tried loading the 1.5 yet, do you think that might help? Hate to always load software just for softwares sake

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
tivoboy said:
I haven't tried loading the 1.5 yet, do you think that might help? Hate to always load software just for softwares sake

Could be java.

Not too worry about installing 1.5, since they both can co-exist peacefully as you get to select which JRE should be used in the Java preference panel.

gsweet1977

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2009
Java preferences and updates

Running OSX 10.5.4 on Mac Pro....can't find the preferences panel for Java and can't find any way to update Java software....having same problems as listed here...blank java screens and screens with the dreaded red "X" in upper left hand corner...

dwandelt

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2010
New Jersey
Java Preferences

FYI, the preferences for Java aren't set from the System Preferences. You can find the Java Preferences utility in the Utilities folder.

crusifix

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2010
red x how do i fix it

ok i have played runescape to see if something is wrong with my java, and it works then i try a private runescape server which uses the same jave thing i guess:( but only the red x appears with a blank screen i went to the prefernce but nothing happens

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.