Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iemcj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2015
I have a macbook m1 pro and 2 external monitors. I recently bought a teleprompter so I can do youtube videos and read off the screen while maintaining eye contact.

The problem is everything is backwards. All text is now going right to left, when I see myself or others on Zoom they're all backwards, my mouse movements go the wrong way, it's frustrating.

Under System Settings - Displays I can choose "rotation" to flip it around which is fun and all but it doesn't actually help with this. I need to have my monitor be flipped not rotated.

Surely there's a way to do this since SO many content creators do these things? Thank you all for what is hopefully a simple solution I overlooked!

iemcj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2015

iemcj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2015
I did find a few apps like that but all they do is create a single new app that can be mirrored. It doesn't actually change anything with the screen though. So any mouse movements are going to be inverted and backwards, using something like Zoom or Discord will still be unusable.

I found this as well which is kiiiiiinda a work around as you can flip individual apps but we still have the issue that the mouse is all backwards which makes interactions rather difficult. D:

Reactions: Foster35
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.