Is there a way to forward texts to my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Shorties, May 1, 2011.

1. Shorties macrumors 6502a

I can do everything I want to from my ipad except for be notified when I get texts and respond to those texts. I know the jailbreak for the iPad 2 isn't out yet so I am waiting on that anyway, but is there a jailbroken app that allows me to forward texts from my phone and respond with my iPad. I'm using BiteSMS on my phone if that makes a difference.

2. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

if you get a google voice number (FREE) and download that app on your ipad you can use that number to text.

I have google voice on my iphone and ipad and use it to text because it is 100% free!

3. Hackint0sh814 macrumors member

+1 on the GV option.

4. WyldRyce macrumors member

Is there a free alternative Google Voice app other than the Google Voice itself? Reason I ask is because the app is not native to the iPad so it runs at the iPhone resolution.

5. Hackint0sh814 macrumors member

6. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

This is something I would love to see via jailbreak or iOS 5. It would be awesome to be able to hand off SMS to the iPad when they are in close proximity.

But I would want this to work with my iPhone's native AT&T SMS and not some other "free" texting service. Those require you to use a new number and it would be near impossible for me to tell all my contacts to start texting a new number but call me on the old number.

7. Zermelo macrumors regular

That's really the beauty of google voice, once you transisition to it you never have to worry about changing numbers again or giving people different numbers. You do have to make that initial transition and give all your contacts a new number BUT it's the last one you will have to hive them.

8. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Does this provide a seamless way to transition from texting on my iPhone to texting on the iPad and vice versa? I wouldn't even dream of switching numbers unless the experience of sending and receiving texts was better than just using my phone.

9. Shorties thread starter macrumors 6502a

It really would be nice if biteSMS allowed you to forward to a GV number, and then if you respond to that number it automatically goes through the BiteSMS app to be re routed to your AT&T number.

10. kilidar macrumors member

Can u receive replies?

11. Zermelo macrumors regular

It's just like normal texting, you can send and receive.

12. funtoosh macrumors newbie

I think talkatone in AppStore has the functions/features you need

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk